Friday 14 February 2014

Billionaires, simulation and a periodic table of a different kind

I was guided to an online survey about billionaires. You know the kind of stuff: utterly useless but fun anyway. A couple of multiple choice questions result in the website comparing you with the billionaire that you would be. If you wanna have a go, do the test here.

This is my result (of course I am only posting this because it is so flattering :-)):


Simulation is a big thing in aviation for obvious reasons. I just came across a little toy for those of us who still nurture the little boy in us. Forget Nintendo or other PlayStations. That's for babies. This is the real racing or flying stuff:


And if you have a living room like this, it fits nicely in!
Check out their website and if you have 14000,- € (up to 50000,- €) to spare, don't forget to invite me to give it a ride!


One of my fellow twitterati pointed me to another website. eDreams made the top 100 list of best airlines based on passenger questionnaires. Nothing new, you can find these lists everywhere. Except that they came up with a neat way to present it: as a periodic table.

So the nitwits amongst us can now enjoy themselves and figure out what following chemical formulas are: SQ2TK, SQ2JPTK4, EKTK2, A3TK3, ...

The thing is that even though SQ achieved first place, FV (Rossiya Airlines) is actually gold (Au - element 79) and BE (FlyBe) is silver (Ag - element 47) and CZ (China Southern Airlines) is Polonium (Po - element 84). I think I better stop here before I cause a global political incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment